Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting Political (Relatively Speaking)

Now, I'm not a really vocal person when it comes to politics. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I don't feel I need to share my opinion all that much. But in light of recent events, all that has changed.

Let's get down to brass tacks here, people. Hermosa Vista Elementary is in dire need of serious leadership. The last eight years have been met with a steadily declining approval rating from the K-3 set with an even sharper outcry from the 4th through 6th graders. Why, you ask? The campaign promises of previous leaders have fallen by the wayside the minute they step into office. I'm talking to you, Derek McNeever! Where are our Taco Bell Tuesdays? Where is the soda in the drinking fountains? Why, oh why, are we still attending math class when you PROMISED us that, and I quote, "If I'm elected, we're getting rid of weekly multiplication tests! Wooo!!" It looks like elected office plus dishonesty still equals student malcontent. Well, I'm not going to sit idly by, waiting for seventh grade. It's time for CHANGE! It's time for INTEGRITY! It's time for...




BLAKE THOMPSON
for
HERMOSA VISTA
VICE PRESIDENT!


As the oldest brother of four kids, Blake Thompson KNOWS about leadership! He knows how to handle tough situations! He knows how to care for the needs of the little guy! Blake has been an active member of his boy scout troop AND even placed in the latest Pinewood Derby! His courage, talent and compassion is unsurpassed and what's more, he knows how to get things done. Ask him to clean up his room? Never. The bed was made before you even got up.

I may be just some aunt on the other side of the country, but I know Blake will be an asset to Hermosa Vista. As VP, he will guide the new president into the right decisions for the right kids at the right times! And hey, you know what the difference between a pitbull and a leader, don't you?



That's right. A SEAHAWKS T-shirt.

Make no mistake! Vote for Blake 2008!


Where's your button, America?

2 comments:

Angela said...

AHHHH!!! We love it!!!! Thanks Kristi Marie! We knew we could count on your vote and support!!! Love you! -Ang

Your the best Aunt! I love you! -Blake

dance all day said...

you're crazy! love you