Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dance, Cellphone, Dance Magic...

Yesterday, after making an OCDy list of things I have to do this week, I texted Preston:

Me: Sigh. I am not enough person.
Preston: What does that mean?
Me: I want to make a clone of myself to do stuff for me.
Preston: Yeah. We should make more friends.
Me: Weak minded ones that do our bidding.
Preston: What if they turn on us?
Me: That's why we've been training the cat to hunt
Preston: Oh, I've been training her to carry large wads of money in her mouth
Me: Let's hope our new friends carry bacon scented bills
Preston: Now we're talking...

Later that day, while studying in the library:

Preston: You remind me of the babe
Me: What babe?
Preston: The babe with the power.
Me: What power?
Preston: The power of voodoo
Me: Who do?
Preston: You do
Me: Prove it.
Preston: Turn around
Me: CREEPY

If you don't get this reference, I'm sorry you're not more acquainted with Labyrinth, the zenith of Mr. David Bowie's career. For your pleasure:



I'm ready for another Bowie Bash...anyone? I'll bring the movie, you bring the stardust.

6 comments:

Judy and Bill said...

You guys have way too much fun!

Katrina said...

You are so funny! And, I do have a sewing machine giving me guilt that you can have. I can totally relate to your seeing things on TV & wanting to try them - it's how I pulled something in my hip thinking I could "dance like the stars"

K. Marie Criddle said...

Mom--it's probably because we don't have real jobs yet. :)
Katrina--ha! I love it! They just make it look so EASY, right??

Free Ice Cream said...

I know we watched that show eons ago and I recall kind of liking it.... but Preston...Preston?!?

JoshB. said...

Kristi . . . Preston . . . it's me David Bowie from the 1980's film Labyrinth . . . "Bowie's in Space" . . . Earth to Bowies nipple

Chase and Shalyse Rogers said...

Mine and Chase's friends think we are so weird for liking this movie :) glad to see someone else appreciates it lol. ;)