Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Treats

After meeting me at the library after school last night and heading to our racquetball date, Preston turns to me.

P: Here. (hands me his lunchbox) Want to share some of my lunch?
Me: Wait, you didn't eat the lunch I packed you?
P: No, I did. But...uh...want to share some of it with me?
Me: You didn't eat all of it?
P: Just look in my lunchbox.
Me: Did you go to McDonald's again? I packed you a lunch so you wouldn't have to go to McDonald's.
P: No, I ate my lunch.
Me: But you want to share it with me? Come on! You did have McDonald's!
P: JUST LOOK IN THE BOX.

(I open the lunchbox, inside are two McDonald's sundaes...hands down my favorite dessert in the world)

Me: Aawww! Yay, treats! Honey, you shouldn't have!!
P: I love you.

(short pause)

P: I also had a Double Bacon Cheeseburger.

7 comments:

Judy and Bill said...

Ahhhhh. That boy''s a keeper!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a sweet heart!
(Get it? Sweet?)
And I agree with you, if they don't serve cashews at the Pearly Gates, I'll be disappointed!)
Becky

Nat Attack said...

This story makes me unbelievably happy.

C.M. Cowen said...

The McDonald's sundae is perfection...well, that is unless they give you one pathetic dribble of hot chocolate. Then I weep bitter tears and shake my fists at the heavens.

Not that I'm melodramatic or anything.

;-)

Hills' Angels said...

I love you guys!! Dang you guys are freakin adorable!! And I have to agree that there is no other frozen dessert that satisfies the soul like a McDonald's sundae with EXTRA HOT FUDGE! A prego favorite!

Colleenita said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

I LOVE IT.

It was SO wonderful to see your face last night. I missed you!

Congrats again on your AWESOME agent accomplishment. You rock.

K. Marie Criddle said...

Aww! I would trade the most chocolatey sundae in the world for two minutes of face time with any of you good people.