Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shiny Tuesdays!

Sure, everyone gets a case of the Mondays. But Tuesdays are always the time I need a boost of...something special. Something SHINY. Behold the advent of Shiny Tuesdays! For your perusal, I present three things that have delighted me as of late:

1. Alphonse Mucha!

There is so much beauty in this Czech master of the Art Nouveau Woman. Preston bought me a whole book of his paintings the other day and I can't stop looking at it. It's like Hershey's syrup for the eyes. Mmm...seeerrupp...

2. Carl Kasell!

One of my short-term life goals is to have Carl Kasell's dreamy, dulcet, silk soymilk voice on my answering machine, which is incidentally the reward for those lucky callers who get the right answers on "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!" a weekly quiz show on NPR. If I had him doing my message, it would probably say something like "You've reached Marie...she's busy avoiding homework, walking her cat or making sure that her husband doesn't see her drinking Hershey's syrup straight from the bottle. Leave a message!" Mmm....Carrrrrllll....

3. Mo Willems!

A brilliant children's book writer/illustrator of the highest degree...I've adored the "Pigeon" series since fellow shiny-loving friend Christine introduced me, but have just recently run across him again (in a lovely turn of events...I will elaborate later.) Oh! The pictures! Oh, the cuteness! Get ye to the bookstore, get everything he's ever done and just...just revel in it. It will make you giggle for weeks.

That's all I got for today. Have a Shiny Tuesday!
I'm off to find an excuse to eat more chocolate syrup. SHINY.

3 comments:

Judy and Bill said...

I love it! Shiny Tuesdays! I'm ready to try it out. By the way, I just discovered "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!"..funny....funny stuff.

Megan said...

Hi, I came across your blog through my friend Jolee's blog. You should know, if you don't already...you are hilarious and a very talented artist...loved the feet on your other page (which sounds totally weird...not pulling off the non-creepy thing very well at all am I?) I really hope this isn't weird...its the first time I have written someone like this...I am not a blog stalker just a mom with too much time and not enough sleep. Feel free to stalk my blog, although I'm sure it's not nearly as entertaining. Anyway, have a great non-creepy day.

K. Marie Criddle said...

Mom, admit it, you're as in love with Carl as I am!
And Megan! Welcome! Thank you so much for your kind words...and I've since stalked your blog as well. Your family is BEAUTIFUL! And I'm not creeped out at all...unless you would have said something like "you're hard to follow on the freeway!" or "you look so cute when you sleep!" That would have creeped me out. Thanks again for the note, fellow blogger!