Friday, November 5, 2010

Fondly fondly fare thee wells...

I've been waiting to write this post for a while. Not anticipating it, of course, but knowing that I must or forever file myself under "thoughtless" in my proverbial mental file cabinet (see also "easily distracted" and "is that a starburst?")

Nathan Bransford has been my loyal literary agent for over two years. He was the first name on the top of my "hopeful" spreadsheet when I began querying and, naturally, the first one to hear my resounding "WOOT!!" when he offered representation. For two years, he's been nothing but amazingly supportive through my good times and those blindingly awful times that every writer has to sludge through. When we lose complete faith in our own abilities, lucky--so, so lucky--is the person with someone at their side saying, "Don't be silly. You totally got this."

I consider myself beyond lucky to have worked with Nathan for this period of time. Since he's already won publishing (as an agent AND an author!) I can't wait to watch him win the social media game at CNET. He's an amazing guy and will succeed wildly at every venture from here on out.

So thanks for everything, Nathan! Don't think you're getting away from my random emails and pictures of restaurants that make me think of JACOB WONDERBAR. Where's my corndog?

I'm also incredibly grateful to be working with the legendary Ginger Clark from Curtis Brown! As I faithfully follow the adventures of her desk-bound Don Draper doll, I know that we've got some exciting times ahead. (Does Pete Campbell get a doll? More importantly, does it have "the face?")

Cheers, all. Happy weekend!

8 comments:

Anne R. Allen said...

Ginger Clark sounds wonderful, but no one else is Nathan. So my condolences as you go through this time of change.

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

I was so shocked when I saw this! It's got to be so hard to go through a change like that. (Although I know Ginger will be awesome too) Take care!

Other Lisa said...

Well, I uh know how you feel!

We'll have to get together sometime and raise a glass or a corndog to NB.

Lisa (Brackmann)

L. T. Host said...

Glad you are still moving forward with Ms. Clark. I immediately thought of you when I read the news!

writerjenn said...

Virtual hugs!

Jenn Hubbard

K. Marie Criddle said...

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts, everyone. I hope Nathan knows how much he is appreciated in this crazy weird wide publishing world. :) Onward and upward!

Kristan said...

Congrats on your new agent!! I know change is/can be scary, but I also know that change can be a wonderful opportunity. Specifically, I hope and believe this can be a great thing for you. :)

Nathan Bransford said...

Thank you so much, I feel so lucky to have worked with you and enjoyed every minute. I know you're going on to great things with Ginger! And Anne, no worries there, Ginger is a truly amazing agent and one of the hardeest workers in the business.