Sunday, March 18, 2012

Revision Redux

I'm in the middle of revision hell once more (which sadly pushes everything not necessary for my family's immediate survival to the back burner) so instead of belaboring the point with yet another drawg, I thought I'd go through and revel in all my drawn out revision hells of yesteryear. Come along! It's a fun awful glorious soul sucking revision-y ride.

Revising for the Easily Distracted (with bonus revisions in the comments!)

The Spouse of a Revising Writer Speaks (guest drawg by my handsome husby)

We Meet Again, Chapter 42. (featuring a fat unicorn)

In Which I Come Up For Air...(featuring narwhals)

The Happiest Work on Earth Revised (Dear heavens, it's typed! I have been revising for YEARS)

Enjoy, you awesome funnybunnies! Be back soon!

6 comments:

Kristan Hoffman said...

Heh, I actually clicked through to all the links, and I hadn't read that old Disneyland one before. It's so true.

Good luck with your revisions! I'm still kind of avoiding mine... :P

Charles Eubanks said...

Know what I need? A sick day where I lie in bed all afternoon and read your blog from the very beginning. And eat M&Ms.

Brenda Pierson said...

I so needed this today. I'm halfway through revisions on my current novel and URGH!! I've already rewritten the darn thing once and I'm still running my red pen out of ink. Thanks for reminding me that I'm not the only one who wants to kill this darling right here and now, in a very gory and bloody encounter with the paper shredder.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I took last week to draft. Or... well... I meant to draft, but mostly chatted with sick kiddos EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK. This week, I'm right back with you on this revision-y ride. Isn't it great that it's such a FUN RIDE? O.o

Best of luck with it all! I'll eat a few peanut M&Ms in your honor.

sarah said...

Yay! Thanks for the encouragement! I'm revising right now too... trying to come up with something presentable for a conference mid-May. My blogging is taking a major hit. And as for revisions? Blarg! Hulk-smash-computer!

K. Marie Criddle said...

You guys are the BEST. I just finished revisions and dared go look at the blog...Thank for the encouragement! And revise fight win for everyone else!

And yes, Sarah, Hulk-smash-computer but ONLY if you have backup! :D I'm so using that from now on.